MÁV Zrt said that train traffic between Tiszatenyő and Mezőtúr will resume at dawn on Sunday. Directorate of Communications told MTI on Saturday evening. They wrote: By Saturday evening, the reconstruction of the track that was minimally damaged during last week’s accident in Kétpó, as well as the inspection of the track and safety equipment, had been completed.
Passenger trains between Tiszatenyő and Mezőtúr will be able to run on one route again from dawn on Sunday, with the exception of a couple of trains where passengers will no longer need to transfer to an alternative bus. Passengers traveling on the Budapest-Újszász-Szolnok-Békéscsaba-Lőkösháza route can expect a 10-20 minute travel time while the other route is repaired, restoring the route to its original condition, they added.
The Dacia international high-speed train continues from Geleti railway station to Bucharest on Saturday night and travels from Bucharest to Vienna on Sunday morning, touching Bucharest on the Nagyvard-Clojzvar-Towis bypass. After that, they wrote, Dacia would again run through Bexaba and Logoshasa. It was recalled: at noon on Sunday, July 9, nine container transporters and tank cars of a freight train derailed in Kétpó, causing considerable damage to the railway line, so traffic was suspended on both lines. For this reason, replacement buses carried passengers between Törökszentmiklós and Mezőtúr, increasing travel time on the Békéscsaba main line from one to one and a half hours.
They added: Technical rescue began on Sunday, with a heavy railway crane from Solnok arriving at the scene, with which the derailed cars were put back on track, and the debris and containers were lifted into railway transport cars. On Wednesday, it was possible to remove the lorry stuck in the gravel bed at the time of the accident and all five lorries were towed that day. On Thursday, on the less damaged (left) track, the reinforced concrete floor was replaced, the bed was arranged, concrete debris was cleared from the track, and sections of the rails were replaced.
Early Saturday morning, the crane finished lifting the cars and debris, and during the day on the left lane, experts continued repairing the track, rebuilding the overhead line that was broken during the crane’s preparation. Safety equipment.
According to MÁV, the derailment and overturned cars on the other line caused the most significant damage: a pole supporting the overhead line fell and broke, about two kilometers of railway were damaged, and the rails and reinforced concrete floors within it were unusable. About 400 meters. A new road needs to be built here, so a complete restoration could take several weeks. Until then, trains will run at a speed of 40 kmph and a slow speed of 200 meters on the track next to the work site. The amount of damage caused can be estimated in hundreds of millions of forints.