Spanish Bello Bilbao The Tour de France won the tenth stage of the road cycling race on Tuesday.
After Monday’s rest day, 14 riders, including the two-time world champion, left the field on Tuesday. Julian Alaphilip And Bilbao finished 11th overall. In this heat, the 33-year-old from Bilbao proved to be the fastest, improving six places to finish fifth overall.
The Spanish cyclist won a stage in the Tour de France for the first time in his career, and his victory To Gino Mader He died of his injuries after falling into a ravine on the fifth stage of the Swiss Tour in June.
I gave it everything, including my remaining energy, because I remembered why I cycled. To Gino. Great success for that. It was very difficult to prepare for the tour in a positive frame of mind. I already wanted to win the first two stages but it didn’t work out and since then I’ve been waiting for the right moment
Bilbao said after the win.
This is for Gino ❤️
– Eurosport (@eurosport) July 11, 2023
In the mix, the Danish champion remains, Jonas Wingegard 17 seconds ahead of two-time winners Slovenia Thathej Bogaard.
Final result – Tour de France, Stage 10, Vulcania-Isoire, 167.2 km.
1. Bello Bilbao (Spain, Bahrain Victorious) 3:52:34
2. Georg Zimmermann (German, Intermarch-Circus-Wandy) same time
3. Ben O’Connor (Australian, AG2R-Citroen) ai
Campus Lead Committee:
1. Jonas Wingegaard (Denmark, Jumbo-Wisma) 42:33:13
2. Tadej Pogacar (Slovenia, UAE) 17 seconds behind
3. Jay Hindley (Australian, Bora-Hansgrohe) 2:40 minutes down